Would Sensoji Temple be a good spot to see cherry blossoms in Tokyo?!
Well, you might not want to make a trip to this temple in Asakusa JUST to see cherry blossoms, because you won’t see a massive amount of cherry blossoms with a walk around the temple grounds.
Meaning, cherry blossoms wouldn’t be the MAIN reason to visit this temple.
But because this is one of Tokyo’s most famous temples, it’ll probably be on your list of places to possibly visit in Tokyo.
And there are some cherry blossoms to be seen here.
So Sensoji Temple can still provide some good photo opportunities if you are in Tokyo at a time when the cherry blossoms are blooming!
I made a visit to this temple a few days before the “full bloom” of cherry blossom trees in Tokyo, so you can get an idea of what you might be able to see based on this.
If you visit here a few days after full bloom, you’ll see a lot more!
Cherry blossom views you’ll get with a walk around the Sensoji Temple!
Cherry blossoms at nearby Asakusa Shrine
As you’re walking around the Sensoji Temple, you’ll also come across a small shrine.
There are some cherry blossoms to see here too!
More of what you’ll see with a walk around Sensoji Temple
…without the cherry blossoms!
HAPPY SENSOJI TEMPLE CHERRY BLOSSOM VIEWING IN TOKYO!
More quick tips for planning your trip to JapanThere are affiliate links on this page that take you to partner websites.
Among the top 3 things people get specific for a trip to Japan
- JR pass for quick and easy long distance train travel (see price here and see here how to calculate train routes to figure out it's worth it for you)
- Pocket wifi to make travel in Japan easier (see price here)
- Travel insurance for natural disasters just in case especially for travel disruptions (see price here and see here for past natural disaster that affected foreigners)
Food in JapanIf you are in Japan for FOOD, then be sure to see where to try different types of Japanese food! (Sometimes for cheaper!)
And also have a look at some of these cooking classes in Japan too.
When the JR pass is worth itIn general, 2 long-distance shinkansen train trips will likely end up making it so the JR pass will be worth it. But here's how to calculate it to be sure. See the current price of a JR pass from an official vendor.
Natural disasters in JapanUnfortunately, Japan can be prone to natural disasters which means risk for travel delays. So be sure to look at travel insurance for natural disasters.
My travel insurance took care of my accommodation and food costs when I was forced to stay extra days in Japan because of a typhoon. There have been a few typhoons that have hit Japan in the past couple of years and they can cause real travel disruptions!
See how much insurance costs for your trip.
Create your Japan itinerary
- 10 day Japan winter itinerary
- 5 day Kyoto itinerary
- Cost of climbing Mt Fuji from Tokyo
- Where to go for famous Mt Fuji views as seen in pictures
- Know before you go to Hiroshima
- One day in Miyajima with famous floating torii views
- 3 days in Okinawa, Japan's tropical islands
- Cherry blossom photo walk
- When is the JR pass worth it for train travel?
- Tokyo to Kyoto train
- Hostels in Japan