If you’re spending one day in Arashiyama, there’s a good chance that you’ll naturally come across the famous Togetsukyo Bridge, so you wouldn’t have to go out in search of it.
The bridge is a famous landmark of the area, and the immediate area surrounding the bridge can be a nice place to rest up a bit.
You can head down by the river bank…
And there’s also the famous % Arabica coffee shop that’s located right nearby, a few minutes walk away.
You can get your coffee, and then sit right along the river with views of the Togetsukyo Bridge!
Or just go for a stroll on the street that runs along the river that leads to the bridge!
Togetsukyo Bridge as part of one day Kyoto itinerary
I walked across the Togetsukyo Bridge as a part of my one day in Arashiyama and Sagano:
- Sagano scenic tourist train
- Okochi Sanso Garden (and teahouse)
- Arashiyama bamboo forest
- Tenryuji Temple
- Togetsukyo Bridge
- Arashiyama monkey park
If you’re going to the monkey park, you’ll most certainly walk across the Togetsukyo Bridge.
The entry to the park is just across the bridge if you’re coming from the bamboo grove.
And even if you’re not going to the monkey park, you’ll also likely come across the bridge as you are walking the streets of Arashiyama!
Here’s a bit of what you might see walking around the Togetsukyo Bridge area!
Walking across the bridge
Views from the bridge
Area surrounding the bridge
HAPPY TOGETSUKYO BRIDGE WALK!
Use this Kyoto tourist map to plan out your 5 days in Kyoto with the Togetsukyo Bridge!
- Day 1: Top tourist spots with one day bus pass
- Day 2: Fushimi Inari shrine hike through 1,000 torii gates
- Day 3: Philosopher’s Path walk
- Day 4: Arashiyama and Sagano
- Day 5: Kurama Kibune Ohara with one day pass
How to spend winter in Japan
More quick tips for planning your trip to JapanThere are affiliate links on this page that take you to partner websites.
Among the top 3 things people get specific for a trip to Japan
- JR pass for quick and easy long distance train travel (see price here and see here how to calculate train routes to figure out it's worth it for you)
- Pocket wifi to make travel in Japan easier (see price here)
- Travel insurance for natural disasters just in case especially for travel disruptions (see price here and see here for past natural disaster that affected foreigners)