Below is basically an Arashiyama travel planning map.
Use it to plan your Japan trip itinerary for one day in Arashiyama and Sagano when you are in Kyoto!
Be sure to play around on the map!
Quick tips for getting around Arashiyama
- When you’re actually in Arashiyama, you’ll see local sightseeing maps and signs pointing in the direction of tourist attractions all over as this is a major tourist area in Kyoto
- The Google Maps app is also a reliable way to figure out how to get around Kyoto by bus and train
- The Japan Travel Navitime app can be good if you’re trying to figure out the best way to get around with a JR pass (or to help you decide if it’s better to get around without your JR pass)
- The Google Translate app has a feature where you can take a picture of Japanese writing and it will translate it for you
- The ICOCA card is SO worth it to get if you’ll be taking the bus or train to get around Kyoto. (No cost savings, but it’s highly convenient so you won’t have to go through the hassle of buying individual tickets! They are basically recharge cards.)
The Arashiyama travel planning map
Click the little icon in the top left corner of the map to see the list of what you’ll find on this map.
This map may not work very well on this page on mobile, sorry!
In that case, have a look at this Arashiyama map in Google Maps.
Whether you’re on mobile or desktop, click on an icon for more information about each location!
What’s on the Arashiyama tourist map?
- Kyoto Station to Arashiyama
- Sagano scenic railway (Sagano romantic train)
- Arashiyama torokko station
- Hozukyo torokko station
- Kameoka torokko station
- Okochi Sanso Garden
- Okochi Sanso teahouse
- Arashiyama bamboo forest
- Tenryuji Temple (world heritage site)
- Togetsukyo Bridge
- Arashiyama monkey park
- Hozugawa river rafting
HAPPY ARASHIYAMA TRAVEL PLANNING!
Use this Kyoto tourist map to plan out the rest of your 5 days in Kyoto with Arashiyama!
- Day 1: Top tourist spots with one day bus pass
- Day 2: Fushimi Inari shrine through 1,000 torii gates
- Day 3: Philosopher’s Path culture walk
- Day 4: Arashiyama and Sagano
- Day 5: Kurama Kibune Ohara with one day pass